Blog

10 foods you shouldn’t eat on vacation



INrach-nutritionist Oksana Matiyuk (@oksana_matiyuk) – about the danger of packaged juices, cereals with milk, diet drinks without sugar and how to replace them.

Oksana Matiyuk

Nutritionist

Packaged juices

Juices are a very tricky product not only on vacation. Firstly, even freshly squeezed ones contain a lot of sugar, which is very harmful for the figure. Secondly, there are a lot of acids in juices – they are contraindicated in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Drinks from packages have nothing to do with the concept of “healthy lifestyle” at all. Packaged juices are a storehouse of sugar, organic acids, stabilizers, flavorings and colorants. In terms of “harmfulness”, they can easily compete with carbonated sweet drinks. Instead of juices, drink “detox water” infused with natural berries, fruits and herbs.

Breakfast cereals with milk

10 foods you shouldn't eat on vacation

Even those labeled “low-calorie” are a storehouse of gluten (we talked about it in more detail here), the excessive use of which has an irritating effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, and sugar, the harm of which is not worth talking about. Breakfast cereals are high in carbohydrates and empty calories. After them, you will be hungry again very quickly. Better give preference to granola with nuts and dried fruits, mixed with natural yogurt.

White chocolate

10 foods you shouldn't eat on vacation

The very name of this product is a marketing ploy. It only has a name from chocolate. Useful cocoa in it is less than 35%, but dyes and other “delights” – the remaining 65%. Be aware that there are 24 tablespoons of sugar in one bar of white chocolate. Today, you can find delicious fruit bars in every store. Try it, you will like it.

READ  Top 10 healthy foods for the pancreas

“Diet” carbonated drinks without sugar

In response to the intake of sugar, the body produces insulin. If the brain receives a “sweet” signal, this mechanism will still work. That is, insulin is also produced for sugar substitutes. It turns out that the level of the hormone in the blood has increased, and it has nothing to absorb. This is detrimental to the body – there is a risk of developing diabetes mellitus. Compotes and fruit drinks are much healthier and tastier.

Butter baked goods

It is difficult to refuse it on vacation, but it is necessary. Butter baked goods are a carbohydrate “bomb” in which there is nothing useful at all. These are pure calories that you will not spend, but bring back with you on the sides and bottom. Hello cellulite!

Crackers, salted pretzels

10 foods you shouldn't eat on vacation

Crackers are very light – to eat 100 g, you have to chew without stopping. Many people think that they do not get better from them, and they constantly keep them close at hand, in case an acute feeling of hunger overtakes. On vacation, some take this “pleasure” with them to the beach, without controlling the amount eaten. 10 crackers have about 300 kcal. I’m not talking about the fact that they contain a huge amount of salt and sugar.

French fries

It is often offered in hotels as a side dish. But do not even look in his direction if you follow the weight and nutrition: in a small portion – 500 kcal. Need more arguments? Grilled vegetables are a healthy alternative to fries (even if potatoes are included).

READ  Losing weight correctly: balance menu from Albina Komissarova

Fish fingers

As in the case of chocolate, only the name comes from the fish. I would call them “garbage” in breadcrumbs. They are made from fish waste, generously flavored with dyes, preservatives, flavor enhancers. Pure trans fats are hidden under the beautiful name.

Ham

10 foods you shouldn't eat on vacation

Ham, sausage and others like them are not protein, as many try to calm themselves down. In two medium-sized circles of your favorite “doctor’s” contains a daily dose of sodium and phosphates, an excess of which is the reason for the formation of kidney stones. Choose only “pure” products, the composition of which is very clear.

Chips and snacks

Not under any sauce, even in serving “corn with avocado”. They contain a lot of trans fats, which are deposited on the walls of blood vessels, disrupting blood circulation. Chemical additives can cause allergies and other unpleasant consequences.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *