Bee pollen, cayenne pepper and not an ounce of soy: all of Hollywood in quarantine lives according to these precepts of nutritionist Kimberly Snyder
Kimberly Snyder, a nutritionist for Hollywood stars and author of the best-selling book Perfect Beauty, gained a second popularity during the quarantine. Actresses and singers, locked at home due to the pandemic, began to cook according to her recipes. Reese Witherspoon recently made Kimberly’s favorite green smoothie live – it’s responsible for the healthy glow of skin and hair. Before that, Drew Barrymore boasted that she was eating Chinese salad for lunch, which she had read about in Snyder’s book. Red bell peppers, avocado, Chinese cabbage and red cabbage, and most importantly – your favorite nuts! At the same time, the combination of ingredients activates the brain and gives a feeling of fullness.
Olivia Wilde, Dita Von Teese, Hillary Duff, Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, Chris Hemsworth, Melissa McCarthy, Mark Ruffalo, Kristen Bell and other celebrities also follow the advice of this top nutritionist, fitness trainer and nutritional consultant.
She writes beauty and health articles for Vogue, Elle, The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.
Therefore, we, of course, could not ignore her recommendations. Examined the Instagram profile and read the very book that stayed on the bestseller list for over 100 weeks. And we have good news. You don’t have to give up chocolate! Yes, and meat in the diet for a start can be left, the main thing is to use it infrequently and only organic is required.
Three Steps to Perfection
Kimberly understands that promises to start pumping the press at home and quit eating sweets from Monday are futile. Therefore, she came up with several stages of transition to proper nutrition.
Blossoming beauty – an introductory part, during which the body must gradually get used to a large amount of plant products and begin to forget the taste of enhancers and other chemical components.
Radiant Beauty – during this period, green smoothies are introduced into the menu.
True Beauty – by this time, you don’t want sugar, hot dogs, or chips, so you can easily give up animal proteins and fast food.
The dietitian recommends determining the duration of the stages independently, depending on the readiness of the body and willpower. On average, about a month is spent on each step.
What you should definitely introduce into the diet
- Strawberries, blueberries, grapes, cherries – they contain flavonoids that protect the cardiovascular system from free radicals that destroy cells;
- Avocado – it seems that they already know about its benefits from kindergarten. B vitamins, folic acid, fiber, unsaturated fats – all these can be considered real treasures for the skin, hair and blood;
- Lemons, oranges, tangerines and other citrus fruits – vitamin C contained in them helps prevent the formation of plaque on the walls of the arteries and helps cleanse the body;
- Bee Pollen – rich in protein, minerals and routine, together they improve blood circulation. The main thing here is not to go over the dosage, add no more than a teaspoon to smoothies or salads and monitor the body’s reaction. This product is often allergic;
- Chia – Seeds soaked in water or plant milk are especially beneficial. They contain omega-3 fatty acids, stimulate blood circulation and strengthen hair and nails;
- Ginger, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic – these spices cleanse the intestines and arteries, improve metabolism, thin the blood;
- Dark chocolate and raw cocoa – also regulate blood circulation;
- Pumpkin seeds and almonds are sources of vitamin E, which is responsible for the beauty of skin and hair.
The list of foods that should be in the kitchen also includes buckwheat noodles, beans and all legumes. Goat cheese, fish and seafood, organic maple syrup, and stevia are acceptable.
What products should be discarded
- Vegetable oils – when heated, they release a huge amount of free radicals that can cause disease and early aging;
- Milk products;
- Products containing gluten;
- Wine and any other alcohol.
How Kimberly spends his day
She wakes up around 6: 00-6: 30 am doing yoga and meditation. Then he drinks a glass of warm water with squeezed lemon – this helps the intestines to cleanse and saturates the body with vitamin C. After half an hour, he prepares for himself the same green smoothie made from spinach, celery and apples, which Reese Witherspoon talked about in the blog.
By the way, Snyder believes that eggs are not the best food for the morning. According to her, the body spends too much energy on its digestion, and therefore very soon you can feel hungry again and eat more than planned.
This can be a vegetable salad – for example, tomatoes, cucumbers, chard leaves, yellow bell peppers, red cabbage, and pistachios. The dietitian sometimes spices it up with tahini and mustard sauce. Alternatively, a soup made from tomato juice, celery, cucumber, onion, bell pepper and basil.
For a snack, she chooses fruits: mango, bananas, pineapples. And a couple of hours after a heavy meal, if she’s hungry again or has a long day ahead, she can afford a smoothie made from coconut water, acai, banana and bee pollen. If Kimberly is not at home, she prepares this cocktail for herself in advance and carries it in a glass bottle.
Mash with lettuce, a handful of raw nuts soaked in water or sun-dried tomatoes, and a couple of dark chocolate cubes for dessert.