Healthy lifestyle bloggers advise drinking apple cider and apple cider vinegar: what are their benefits and how to determine truly natural compounds
Apple cider and apple cider vinegar are the main must-haves for all healthy lifestyle bloggers. They are quickly disassembled in eco-shops, and on iHerb they are often highlighted in actual ones. These two superfoods are similar in preparation (by fermentation), only sugar is added to cider in addition to apples, and honey and yeast are added to vinegar. It sounds, of course, not entirely healthy, but they say it is good for the body. Is this true, we are dealing with a therapist, nutritionist and Coral Club expert Elena Manovskaya.
– Apple cider differs from apple cider vinegar primarily in the way it ferments. For cider, the alcoholic method is used, when sugar gives the drink a weak alcoholic composition, for vinegar – acidic, when sugar, honey and yeast turn into acid. In other words, vinegar is the same cider, but sour. That is why it is so important to observe the measure in the quantities of ingredients and the exposure time, to buy only natural formulations, – explains Elena Manovska.
The nutritionist also confirms that cider and vinegar (thanks to their natural ingredients) are beneficial, each in its own way. But before use, it is important to know a few rules, and also take into account contraindications.
What is the use
Apple cider has a beneficial effect on the digestive, cardiovascular and nervous systems, improves immunity. When sour apples are added, the drink turns out to be low in calories, which is important for those who are losing weight…
Apple cider contains:
- vitamins A, E, C;
- mineral elements: copper, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron.
The only thing: the beneficial properties of cider are lost during long-term storage, so when buying, you should pay attention to the expiration date, and if you prepare it yourself, keep it in the refrigerator and use it in the coming weeks.
How to drink cider:
With cider, of course, you need to know when to stop – drink no more than one or two glasses a day after meals.
If we talk about apple cider vinegar, it is even more useful. Malic acid is an intermediate product of the metabolismin, it protects and cleanses the liver, promotes cleansingthe kidneys, increases the overall tone of the body, normalizes digestion. Also in apple cider vinegar – withlabile and antiseptic effect, he useful for losing weight: it helps to accelerate metabolism and reduces hunger, accelerates the process of breaking down fats.
Apple cider vinegar contains:
- vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, E, C;
- mineral elements: copper, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, selenium, manganese, potassium, sodium.
How to take cider:
You can take cider both before meals (provided that there is no gastritis or ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract!), And after meals. The recommended dosage is 2 teaspoons per glass of water at a time.
And it is important: to use both cider and vinegar is only a course – no more than one month!
Then it is worth taking a break of several months or even six months.
– Cider and vinegar are contraindicated in children under 18 and older people over 60; pregnant and lactating women. Cider should be avoided by people whose work is associated with a high concentration of attention.
Other contraindications are related to health:
- chronic stomach diseases, gastritis, exacerbations of the pancreas;
- allergy to apples.
Where can one buy
Apple cider and vinegar are sold in many supermarkets (Azbuka Vkusa, Perekrestok), health food stores (VkusVille, Freshe), they can be ordered in online stores (for example, on iHerb). The cost is 100-400 rubles.
How to choose
Trust only trusted manufacturers, read the composition on the label and avoid chemical ingredients – flavors, dyes. The name of the apple cider can also be written as “100% cold-pressed apple juice”, but in no way “apple water” or “concentrated apple juice”. In the second and third versions, unnatural ingredients were added to the cider, it cannot be useful.
When choosing apple cider vinegar, pay attention to the concentration: it should be between 3% and 6%. If it is larger, it is not recommended to drink vinegar as an additive, the composition is not natural.
It is better to buy superfoods only in a glass bottle, natural formulations in plastic containers cannot be stored for a long time. Store cider and vinegar at home in a dark, dry place. And make sure the bottle is tightly closed.