Healthy nutrition menu for weight loss: how to make a diet
The very first question that those who want to lose weight have to decide: how to build your diet? As you know, to get rid of excess weight, it is not enough to exercise regularly; you must definitely reconsider your eating habits. We offer you a menu of proper nutrition for weight loss, which will help you navigate when planning your diet.
Read more about our other nutritional articles:
10 important rules for good nutrition for weight loss
Before proceeding to a detailed description of the menu of proper nutrition for weight loss, let us remind you of the basic rules for losing weight. This is what is important for everyone who is losing weight.!
- Lose weight from a calorie deficit, not proper nutrition as such. When we eat less than the body needs for energy, it begins to use its reserve fund in the form of fat. Thus, the process of losing weight starts. What, when and in what combinations you eat – all this does not matter. If you are in a calorie deficit, then you are losing weight.
- All diets, no matter how they are called, are aimed at making a person eat less and create the necessary calorie deficit. Losing weight on a proper diet is also achieved through eating restrictions: you eat less high-calorie foods and get rid of “food waste”. This is usually enough to maintain a calorie deficit, even if you don’t directly count the calorie numbers. (although with the right foods you can eat in surplus and get better)…
- Therefore, if you want to lose weight, there is no need to eat only the right foods: chicken breast, buckwheat porridge, cauliflower dishes, low-fat cottage cheese and fresh vegetable salads. It’s not the foods themselves that contribute to weight gain, but the overall calorie surplus.
- Fatty, flour and sweet foods very easily create an excess of calories, so such food has to be limited. But if you manage to fit these foods into your calorie intake, then you can consume them without harm to weight loss.
- However, it is better to adhere to the menu of proper nutrition: not for losing weight in the first place, but for your own health. Remember that fast food and sweets do not have any nutritional value and, moreover, when consumed in large quantities, they have a negative effect on the body.
- Directly for weight loss, meal time does not play a special role, so you do not have to completely change your diet and routine. Just remember that drawing up a competent correct menu for the day will help you eat balanced, which means minimizing hunger, developing healthy eating habits, and improving the digestive tract.
- Proteins, fats and carbohydrates do not have a significant effect on weight loss; for weight loss, the most important thing is the total calorie content of the diet. But these indicators are important to consider for muscle preservation. (proteins)sufficient energy (carbohydrates), normal functioning of the hormonal system (fats)…
- Products can be combined on a plate in any form, this also does not affect the process of losing weight. If you want to stick to separate meals or combine products only in the way you are accustomed to, please.
- The recommendations below are just one of the most common nutritional menu options for every day. You can build a menu according to your capabilities, it is not necessary to be guided by the “dietary canons”. If you are counting calories, proteins, carbohydrates and fats, then you have a free hand: for weight loss, it is enough just to eat within the framework of KBZHU.
- The distribution of proteins and carbohydrates throughout the day, the right breakfasts and dinners, certain foods before and after exercise – these are just additional building blocks in building the body, but far from the key ones. They are more relevant at the final stage of body resurfacing and bringing it to its ideal shape.
Be sure to see:
Summarize. The issue of losing weight always comes down to dietary restrictions, regardless of the diet and menu for every day. That is why calorie counting is the best way to lose weight, since you can always plan meals as you see fit within your BCJU norm.
Eating well is an additional weight loss tool that can help you change your eating behavior and start eating in a balanced and healthy way.
Weight loss nutritional menu
What is important to remember when drawing up a menu of proper nutrition for every day:
- Breakfast should be rich in complex carbohydrates for energy throughout the day.
- Fast carbohydrates (sweets, desserts, dried fruits) are best consumed in the morning.
- It is advisable to make dinner predominantly proteinaceous.
- Every meal should include fiber (fresh vegetables, bran, whole grains, fruits).
- Forget about the rule “do not eat after 18.00”, but it is better to have dinner no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- Distribute the calories for the day in approximately the following proportions: 25-30% breakfast, 30-35% lunch, 20-25% dinner, 15-20% snacks.
- It is better to eat carbohydrates 1-2 hours before training, carbohydrates + protein within 30 minutes after training.
We emphasize once again that the most important thing for losing weight is maintaining a general calorie deficit per day. But from the point of view balancing nutrition, maintaining health, energy, normal body function and reducing the risk of breakdowns it is better to follow the above rules.
An approximate menu of proper nutrition for the day:
- Breakfast: Complex carbohydrates
- Lunch: Simple carbohydrates
- Dinner: Proteins + Carbohydrates + Fats. Fiber is a must.
- Afternoon snack: Carbohydrates, some fats
- Dinner: Protein + preferably fiber
Here are several options for the menu of proper nutrition for weight loss. These are just examples of the most popular and successful breakfast, lunch and dinner options that are most often found among those who are losing weight. You can have your own nutritional menu for every day, taking into account individual needs.
- Porridge with fruits / dried fruits / nuts / honey and milk (the most common option is oatmeal)
- Fried eggs with whole grain bread
- Sandwiches with whole grain bread or crispbread
- Oatmeal (mix eggs and oatmeal and fry in a skillet)
- Cottage cheese smoothie, milk and banana (it is advisable to add complex carbohydrates – bran or oatmeal)
- Whole grain cereal with milk
- Groats / pasta / potatoes + meat / fish
- Stewed vegetables + meat / fish
- Salad + meat / fish
- Vegetables / side dish + legumes
Lunch is the most “democratic” meal, here you can choose almost any combination of food to your taste.
- Vegetables + lean meat / fish
- Vegetables + cheese + eggs
- Cottage cheese
- Kefir with fruit
- PP baking
- Dried fruits
- Curd or white yogurt
- Whole grain bread / crisps
From the offered options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, create your own version of the healthy nutrition menu for every day.
Calculate the calorie content of dishes yourself based on your portions and specific foods. By the way, with modern gadgets it is quite easy to do this: Top best free mobile apps for calculating calories.