We already know what we will eat for lunch: IKEA revealed the secret of those very meatballs
This is the best news of the entire quarantine period, we think! IKEA has uncovered the secret behind the signature Swedish meatballs that most of us – it’s time to admit – went to the store. The recipe for these meatballs was kept secret, and culinary bloggers fought to be the first to figure out the secret. But nobody managed to achieve a one-to-one taste.
And after all, the brand gave up – of course, to maintain the spirit of the quarantine. And I published instructions with step-by-step preparation of meatballs.
“We know that some of our customers miss our meatballs, so we’ve come up with a homemade alternative that’s easy to make with available ingredients. It can be difficult to remain isolated, but we want to help make everyone’s life a little easier and more enjoyable. Bon appetit or, smaklig maltid (“smoklig molting”, – approx. BeautyHack.ru), as we say in Sweden! ”Said IKEA food manager Lorena Lurido.
For the meatballs:
- 500 g ground beef
- 250 g minced pork
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or chopped)
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp. l. whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For the cream sauce:
- A drop of sunflower or olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 40 g wheat flour
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml beef broth
- 150 ml heavy cream (30% -50%)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
1. Mix the ground beef and pork. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, bread crumbs, egg and then stir. Add milk, salt and pepper.
2. Roll into small balls from the resulting mixture. Place them on a clean plate, cover, and refrigerate for two hours (this will help the meatballs to keep their shape and not fall apart during cooking).
3. Pour some oil into a skillet and heat over medium heat. Place the meatballs in a skillet and brown on all sides.
4. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and cover. Place in an oven heated to 180 ° C in normal mode or 160 ° C in convection mode and leave for half an hour.
5. While the meatballs are in the oven, start making the sauce. To do this, melt the butter in a frying pan. Then add flour and stir the ingredients for about two minutes. Add vegetable and beef broth, continue stirring. Add cream, soy sauce, Dijon mustard. Bring to a boil and wait for the sauce to thicken.
6. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and serve!
By the way, IKEA advises to combine meatballs with mashed potatoes and use lingonberry sauce with the creamy sauce.